Added a metal bed, many plants are starting to grow well.

Since the price of wood is now nearly equal with the cost of sheet metal, I tried my hand at building a metal bed. I should have leveled off the spot a bit better, but it will do. Filling a 12″ bed is a lot more work than a 6″ bed.

We are now getting a few snow peas to nibble on. My experiment with the overwintered tomato plant seems to be working out. The cutting is still green in its planter. If it works, I think I’ll start using the cutting method to get a quicker start on the growing season.

I also installed a rebar panel down the center of the tomato bed to give some decent structure to the tom’s as they get bitter.

The blueberries seem to be happy as well in their permanent bed. They have all been leafing out and growing. I hope to get them to a big enough size that they will produce a crop for me next year. We clipped the flowers on them this year to give them better growth. 6 of them were barely twigs when I picked up for $5 a piece.

We need to get a good watering solution in place. The hand watering starts to become a bit of a burden when you get more than 2 beds.

Get growing.

Mr. SNH

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.