Good Afternoon SNH’ers,
Have you ever looked at your bank balance every month and wondered where all the money went? You know you make enough to cover your monthly costs, even have enough to save for your emergency fund and retirement, but somehow, you still end up with no play money at the end of the month.
We started noticing micro costs, you know, the kind of subscription services, daily trips to the convenience or coffee store and that dollar app that you get charged for every month to send you new cat videos. Yep, adding those up really put a dent in your monthly and yearly savings.
Today, I thought I would pass on a few recommendations for smarter ways to handle those monthly creepers.
- Try to use apps that are “buy once cry once” so you don’t have recurring monthly costs to use them.
- Use computer software that is run solely on your pc. Sorry Microsoft, for daily office use, open office and libre office are excellent alternatives.
- You really don’t need to buy that 20oz mountain dew before work. If you buy it at the grocery store, you’ll save about 60% of the cost. Don’t get it in the refrigerated section by the checkout counter, get it on the isle…in the 6 pack. Better yet, use a thermos and buy 2 liters.
- Review your monthly subscribers once in a while. Why use both Amazon and Pandora at the same time. I bet you don’t need both.
- If you have a cell phone plan and a very close relative, see if you can jump on their plan for a few more dollars in your pocket. Also, check to see if you employer has a cellular discount with any of the vendors.
That’s it for tonight. Be sure to like and share with your friends.